The OVGU would like to inspire more female scientists to pursue a career at the university and encourage them to actively pursue a professorship or a leading position in science management.
As a career network, the Women-in-Science Network (WiS) is intended to accompany professional decision-making processes and provide information, advice and exchange at an early stage - at best right from the start of studies - for the conscious planning and implementation of one's own career ideas.
WiS wants in detail:
- provide a platform for the exchange of information
- to show possibilities of exchange of experience and mutual support
- to establish professional contacts and informal links
- Inspiration for new career steps and unusual career paths offer
- expand existing competencies and clarify development steps that have been taken
- help each other to show solidarity and to initiate joint actions, projects or training concepts in a simple way.
The WiS network would like to be understood as an offer for you to get actively involved in career advancement and to make ideas, information or wishes public. Feel invited to share your knowledge with other women, support each other and pursue common goals.
Job advertisements, project groups or references to network events, whatever seems important to you for other women in science, you are welcome to send us for publication in the newsletter or directly in the WiS group of the XING network. Become a subscriber to the WiS newsletters yourself and visit our events (e.g. COMETiN; Gender Campus).
In addition to the actors of the Office for Gender Equality, the Graduate Academy and the Family Office, research groups at the OVGU have joined forces to implement gender equality measures in the Women-in-Science@OVGU network.