Interdisciplinary research conference by and for young scientists* of the OVGU
"Disciplinary Research through a Gender and Diversity Lens"
On 27.05.2020 the Interdisciplinary Research Conference by and for young scientists* of the OVGU will take place, organized by the Faculty of Human Sciences in cooperation with the Office for Equal Opportunities of the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg.
Technology, work, education and health are only a few of the fields in which behavior patterns and needs differ by biological and social gender and diversity characteristics. This variation is increasingly reflected in a wide range of research, from barrier-free urban planning to age-appropriate digitisation and technologisation to gender-specific medication. The aim of the Young Scientists* Conference is to facilitate an interdisciplinary exchange between researchers who take an ex- or implicit look at gender and/or diversity from their respective disciplinary perspectives.
We welcome all abstracts,
- that explicitly focus on gender in their research (e.g. Gender mainstreaming in a comparative perspective, gender as an independent characteristic or part of diversity?)
- that place an explicit focus on diversity in their research (e.g. Religious diversity and social integration, age-appropriate working environment(s) and/or learning concepts)
- that focus on a specific group or characteristic in their research (e.g. Discrimination against men in childcare, the characteristics of a female heart attack, making the Internet available to people with visual impairment)
- that compare between groups or characteristics in their research (e.g. Gender Pay Gap, Educational successes of people with and without a migration background)
- or a combination thereof.
All junior researchers* (including post-docs*) at the OVGU are invited to present findings from ongoing or completed research in their respective discipline at the Young Scientiests* Conference "Disciplinary Research with a View to Gender and Diversity". Applicants* have the opportunity to present their research in the form of short presentations and scientific posters.
Contributions from researchers from all fields of research are welcome, for example:
- computer science
- (including MINT areas)
- product development
- labour market and labour market research
- health and care research
- medicine and neuroscience
- media education
- humanities, social sciences and educational sciences
- and many more
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts can be submitted as PDF files until 20.01.2020 by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Notes on submitting abstracts:
- Abstracts should contain between 300 and 500 words
- Abstracts can be written in German or English language
- Research with several authors*: Enter the names and affiliations of all authors* and identify the presenter*. Correspondence on the abstract will be conducted with the submitter*. Unless otherwise indicated in the abstract, the person* submitting the abstract will be included in the programme as the presenter*.
- Enter a preference for verbal presentation or poster presentation. It might not be possible to consider all wishes - in that case you will be informed about any changes as early as possible.
Prof.in. Drin. Susanne Peters, Dean of FHW
Dr.in. Sandra Tiefel, Central Equal Opportunities Officer